Or Gallery Dance-a-thon
Saturday, May 14, 9PM
(close to the Kaslo Skytrain Station and Central Valley Greenway bike path)
at VIVO Media Arts
2625 Kaslo Street, Vancouver
DJs: Ken Tsui, DJ Kippenburger (Patrick Campbell), This Charmless Man, DJ JMidz
Help us raise money for contemporary art by dancing!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) | INDIVIDUAL PRIZE PACKS | OFFLINE DONATIONS | PRIZES FOR TEAMS
The Or Gallery relies on the generosity of our donors, members and broader community to meet its budget needs year to year. You can help us out! Let's Dance is the fifth Or Gallery dance-a-thon fundraiser and we're sure this one will be the best.
It costs us about $685/day to operate. That may seem like a lot, but that number pays our rent, pays the artists who exhibit in our space (at fees higher than those set by CARFAC), pays speakers' fees, pays for artists' travel and accommodation, pays production costs including paint and equipment, pays our hardworking staff, pays for the books and texts we publish and more. We're hoping to raise enough to cover 10 days of operations with this fundraiser. This would be an immense help to the organization and will show our other funders that what they fund is important to you as well. Please consider donating today and/or signing up as a contestant in the dance-a-thon!
Prizes are awarded based on pledges raised. Additional prizes will be awarded to teams that raise the most pledges, plus we'll be awarding some prizes on the night in question for time spent on the dance floor, style, costume and others! Get started today by clicking "+ Create a fundraising page" above or "Register to Dance" below!
Pledge levels & what you get:Sure, it costs $10 to get in at the door, but you get in FREE if you register in advance and raise at least $10 in pledges. (Hint: no rules against pledging yourself.)
- $10 – free entry to the dance! (you just saved yourself $10 at the door)
- $20 – all of the above, plus an Or Gallery membership, and a tote bag
- $30 – All the above plus your choice of Or publications: Ten Shows by Barb Choit, Exercises in Kinesthetic Drawing and Other Drawing by Aaron Carpenter, Night Shift (LP) by Brady Cranfield & Jamie Hilder, or any remaining d’Or publication.
- $50 All of the above, plus a second title from the list or a copy of Vancouver Anthology, edited by Stan Douglas.
- $80+ All of the above, plus a limited edition print by Lorna Brown, Aaron Carpenter or Marina Roy (while quantities last)
- $100+ All of the above plus you’ll be in the running to win your choice of an amazing prize pack! The participant who brings in the most pledges gets to choose first among our collection of special prize packages, the second highest gets second pick, and so on until all the prizes are awarded.